Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Wi-Fi SetupWhat should we do when the Galaxy Note 7 cannot connect to Wi-Fi? We have listed some important steps to do when your device cannot connect to Wi-Fi. If you want to use Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 Wi-Fi feature, you need access to a wireless access point or hotspot which is commonly known as a Wi-Fi network. If you have found the network to connect to, then do the following steps:
Galaxy Note 7 Wi-fi turn On and Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
- From the Home screen, touch App.
- Touch Settings
- Touch Wi-Fi
- Touch the slider to turn Wi-Fi on. If there’s a connection problem, turn off Wi-Fi, and then turn it back on.
- Touch the network you want to connect to.
- If the network is secured, enter a password. Touch ‘show password’ to display the password as you type.
- Touch Connect.
- You can also do the steps below to turn on Wi-Fi:
- Open the Quick Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom.
- Touch the Wi-Fi icon to turn it on or off.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Wi-Fi Authentication ErrorIt is critical to ensure the accuracy of the password you enter when connecting to a network. If you receive the message “incorrect password” or “Authentication error occurred,” it means the password may have been entered incorrectly. That is why there’s a menu button to let you know what have you typed when entering password by touching Show Password to display the password as you type. If you are unable to connect using the password, verify the network settings for your router.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Unable to Connect to a Wi-Fi NetworkIf you have a personal Wi-Fi network but you cannot connect to the network, verify your Wi-Fi setup router is connected to the internet. It is possible that there is a Galaxy Z Fold 4 connection problem with your network, so you can contact your internet service provider to ensure it. then if your device still has a problem to connect to the network, maybe there’s you have done any of these activities: loose or disconnected Ethernet cables, DSL or cable connections, telephone cords, USB cables or power cables which can cause network or internet connection issues. Therefore, perform important troubleshooting below:
- Check all the connection to and from your router and, if available, your high speed modem.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi router and high-speed modem. If your router or modem doesn’t have a power switch, disconnect the power cord from the back. Wait several minutes, and then turn on the router or modem (or reconnect the power cord).
- Open the Wi-Fi settings menu, and then turn the Wi-Fi off, wait for a moment and then turn it back on.
- On the mobile device, attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Wi-fi Connect to a Public NetworkWhen you are in a public places which share their network (hotspot), you may connect your Note 7 to the shared network such as at coffee shop, hotel, restaurant, library, etc. You can see the network after turning on the Wi-Fi icon, then try to connect to the network. Usually, you need to perform an additional authentication via the web if you want to connect. Follow the steps below:
- Swipe your finger from the top of the screen.
- Touch the Wi-Fi icon and hold for a moment to enter the Wi-Fi settings menu.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi, then see the available network.
- Touch the network you want to connect to. enter the required password and then tap connect.
- If you are not redirected to the web automatically, touch App>Chrome.
- Samsung Note 7 Wi-fi Navigate to a website.
- Follow the directions on the authentication page to connect to the public network.